Adopt without fear of your failure, but with confidence in knowing that God has led you to this decision. "Fear not for I am with you," says the Lord. In all you do and in all you face here on earth as Christians, the Lord is with you. God blesses those that give of their heart. What better way to bless a child than to offer them your love through adoption.
Fearing the things of this earth will only lead to stress, anxiety, and a lack of self-confidence. In the Bible there are several scriptures that address how Christians should approach every decision they make objectively, with self-control, and within obedience to God's will.
Doubt comes from the voices we allow ourselves to hear. This voice is not of God, but of Satan. If you've studied the Word of God closely, prayed for answers, and given yourself over to the Lord in complete acceptance of His decision; Satan will plant doubt, confusion, and frustration within your mind if you’re not careful.
- God Calls You Fear only HIM
- Deuteronomy 6:13 (NIV) "Fear the LORD your God, serve Him only and take your oaths in His name." God is the only one you shall fear. Not man, not yourself, not even Satan shall be your cause of fear.
- God Calls You to Adopt
- Romans 8:15, 23, and 9:4 "received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!"
The Bible supports in over 20 scriptures God's approval of adoption. He encourages and instructs us to be carriers of the fatherless. Adopting a child is a huge step. It requires a special type of individual to take in a child and care for them. What you do not realize is that if you are drawn to adopt a child, God has already chosen you to be an adopted parent. He will give you a drive like no other to pursue adoption. The mere existence of such a drive will reassure you that God has a plan for you. Recognize it, thank God for it, and do not become fearful.
- God Calls You to Love
- Deuteronomy 6:5 (NIV) "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Love is the greatest commandment of all. We are to love thy neighbor as yourselves and this extends to the children of this earth.
Adopt a child and you will see for yourself the joy a hug can bring to that child's face. If you are adopting a preschool age child, the rewards of your decision to adopt are immediate. Imagine taking a child into your arms that has lost his or her parents in a fire and needs nothing more than a secure hug from someone who cares. Instantly, the child welcomes the acceptance of an adult that wants to care for them. The hug back says, "Please take me home."
- WHAT IS LOVE?
- LOVE IS gentle and caring,
- LOVE IS understanding and acceptance,
- LOVE IS giving of yourself and your time,
- LOVE IS being there when it counts the most,
- And LOVE IS caring for a child God has sent to you.
God smiles upon couples that make this important decision not out of selfishness or with high expectations, but out of love and in obedience to His word. You can expect all type of emotions during the adoption process. Don't be afraid to extend your hand, heart, and home to a child. Adopt knowing you're following God's plan for your life.
Mardie Caldwell, C.O.A.P. is a speaker and award-winning author of two books, Adopting Online and Adoption: Your Step-by-Step Guide. Mardie is also the talk show host of Let's Talk Adoption.com with Mardie Caldwell. For more information email Mardie Caldwell.